Re: LVS-DR problem with Red Hat realserver

Subject: Re: LVS-DR problem with Red Hat realserver
From: "Vittorio R. Tracy" <vrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 23:25:50 +0200
Uhg, I think I found what I was doing wrong.

The route statement on the Director should have been:

route add -net xxx.xxx.134.144/29 eth0

instead of:

route add -host xxx.xxx.134.150 dev eth0:1

This makes sense in hindsight since my Director IP is on a different IP
block than the Realservers and the Virtual IP are.

I noticed because I was not able to see ARP of the Realserver's Real IP,
when the first (host) route was in place. Packets from the Director for
the Realserver must have been getting sent to the Director Gateway which
is a bad thing for LVS-DR.

Also strangely enough I did setup my new Realservers on the same IP
block as the Director at one point in troubleshooting, but it didn't
work then. Oh well..

This was indeed a DUH! problem.

Thanks all for your help.