Re: Cannot get ipvs fwmark service to work

Subject: Re: Cannot get ipvs fwmark service to work
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 06:40:28 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, Mindaugas wrote:

 ipvsadm -Sn shows:
-A -f 1 -s wlc -p 10
-a -f 1 -r 192.168.110.10:0 -m -w 1

Reread documentation and found myself. The problem was that LVS handles packets on LOCAL_IN and my passing packets did not get there. Now I made those packets as local using "ip rule add prio 1000 fwmark 1 table 100;ip route add local 0/0 table 100 dev lo" and LVS started to handle them.

I'm not sure what's causing the problem. Your solution is ingenious, but not needed. In the HOWTO the mangle table is used, but I don't know if this is what you're missing.

never mind. I forgot. You don't have the target IP on the director and you're using Julian's work around to get the packets accepted in LOCAL_IN.