Re: Cannot get ipvs fwmark service to work

Subject: Re: Cannot get ipvs fwmark service to work
From: "Mindaugas" <mind@xxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 17:30:58 +0300

do you mean CLUSTERIP target? i hadn't looked into it and it seems kind
of cool, but alas, not much going on with it... or is there?!

lvs has quite a bit of infra/soulutions built on it.

 Thanks. That's what I needed.

And one more question about my setup. Now lvs works and I need to setup iptables rules to pass only LVS traffic. How to do that in the simpliest way? For outgoing
packets it's easy:
- mark packets (iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j MARK --set-mark 0x1); - accept those packets in the INPUT chain (iptables -A INPUT -m mark --mark 0x1 -j ACCEPT);
 - and that's it. LVS packets don't go through FORWARD chain.

But how to match returning packets in the FORWARD chain in the simpliest and "the most correct" way? For simple SNAT/DNAT packets there is "-m conntrack --ctstate SNAT,DNAT" match

 Thanks,

 Mindaugas

 P.S.
# ipvsadm -Sn