Re: Problems with IPVS

Subject: Re: Problems with IPVS
From: "Mindaugas" <mind@xxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:05:20 +0300

 Web clients are Sony Ericsson phones so I cannot upgrade all of them. :)

 I investigated a bit further and that's what I found:

 1. phone sends SYN packet to proxy;
 2. proxy responds with SYN,ACK;
 3. phone sends ACK;
 4. phone sends HTTP GET request;
 5. proxy ACKs packet 4;
 6. proxy sends HTTP data packet;
 7. proxy sends another HTTP data packet;
 8. proxy sends FIN packet;

 weird things starts here

9. phone once more sends ACK packet acknowledging packet 2 (duplicate of packet 3);
 10. and one more dupe of packet 3;
 11.-14. proxy repeats packet 6. 4 times.

 The problem is that LVS does not pass packets 11. to 14. to phone. Why?

In case of DNAT packets 11.-14. are passed to phone which at the end acknowledges packets 6. and 7. and then acknowledges packet 8. thus closing TCP connection.

 Mindaugas