Re: lvs sync, unusual load

Subject: Re: lvs sync, unusual load
From: "Sebastian Vieira" <sebvieira@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 10:17:36 +0100
This happens on my systems as well. Running one sync daemon results in an
increase of 1.00 load avg. Both daemons:  2.00 load avg. Some time ago Horms
created a patch for ip_vs_sync.c   It basicly involves changing:

- __set_current_state(TASK_INTERRUPTIBLE);
- schedule_timeout(HZ);

for

+ ssleep(1);

Recompile kernel (and ipvsadm?) reboot and the load will be normal again.
I've tested this on six lvs's and all of them perform normally after the
patch.

regards,

Sebastian

On 11/9/06, Dean Manners <deanm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

Load goes up at a slow, but consistent pace as soon as I:

director01:~# ipvsadm --start-daemon=master --mcast-interface=eth1
--syncid=0

Top doesn't even register ipvs_syncmaster in its top 20.  However Iv
noticed
the process is in 'D' state according to ps.  From man is; "D
uninterruptible sleep (usually IO)."

director01:~# ps ax |grep ipvs
20212 ?        D      0:00 [ipvs_syncmaster]

Is this consistent to your systems ?

After stopping the daemon, without a reboot, the load slowly drops back to
0.00~
director01:~# ipvsadm --stop-daemon=master

Have tried mcasting off both eth1 and eth0 - same symptoms..

Regards