Re: lvs sync, unusual load

To: Dean Manners <deanm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: lvs sync, unusual load
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 15:46:51 +0900
On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 05:41:23PM +1100, Dean Manners wrote:
> Hey guys,
>                 I have two freshly installed directors, running Ultramonkey
> on Debian Sarge with a 2.6.18.1 kernel - on very overspec'd hardware.  All
> is well except, I have noticed when enabling connection synchronisation both
> machines slowly rise to a load average of 1.00 without any apparent cause.
> These machines arent in production, and are idling in every other way -
> infact there isnt even any state information to multicast.  If I disable the
> connection synchronisation daemon, and reboot.  They stay around 0.00~ as
> expected.   Is this load obscurity normal ? or have I barfed something.

Does the load go away if you turn synchronisation off again (without
rebooting).  Does top show the syncrhonisation kernel threads doing
anything particularly unusual?

It certainly isn't what is supposed to happen. Though I'm thinking
that it is probably harmless. Or in otherwords interesting if
you want to poke in the code, less interesting if you just want
to config up your servers.

--
Horms
  H: http://www.vergenet.net/~horms/