Re: Looking for Simple Instructions

Subject: Re: Looking for Simple Instructions
From: Matthew <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:06:58 -0600

On Director:
  net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter = 1

You should disable rp_filter.

        Done. I set the above line to 0 and re-ran "sysctl -p"

Also check your kernel messages, e.g. the dropped packets from the reverse path filtering go there if log_martians is enabled.

I enabled log_martians and I ran "tail -f /var/log/messages" and "tail -f /var/log/dmesg" on all 3 machines while attempting another telnet and nothing appeared in any of the 6 logs.

Ok, so packets are dropped at the director.

        Any ideas on why they are being dropped and not forwarded onto the RS's?

Thanks again,
Matthew