Re: MTU problem

Subject: Re: MTU problem
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 21:41:47 +0100
Hello Per,

Yeah, it's been a while - I've been busy getting this LVS setup ready
for prime time.

Good to hear, although I hope this was not your only occupation the last couple of months :).

Yes, there's always a chance. You check for SYN/ACK flags and clamp
mss there, probably killing fragmented packets (which could be
generated with such things like Word or PDF attachments). I would need
to take a deeper look at what you've created this time :).

Just what I was hoping for :-)

I'm probably not able to look at this until Friday night because I'm about to leave for vacation and thus need to coordinate a few things in my projects.

The customer is always wrong! Is there a possibility that you do not
fix this using iptables but by adjusting the route mtu? Could you show
us the output of:

ip -o -s -s route show cache

See http://jessen.ch/files/route-show-cache  (this is from real server
4).

Hmmm, is this with your hotfix applied?

LVS setup -
one director at 88.198.198.123:25 with 4 real servers via masquerading
over IPIP tunnels. The tunnels are using 10.0.1.x.

Any you've mentioned that PMTU is working correctly between client and server?

Cheers,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc