Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Layer7 switching project

Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Layer7 switching project
Cc: keepalived-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: keepalived-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "howard chen" <howachen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 11:45:22 +0800
On 12/11/06, Alexandre Cassen <Alexandre.Cassen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Just this quick email to announce the launch of a new opensource project
for layer7 switching. After discussions with wensong, I decided to start
a new project to try to create a 'new' switching/loadbalancing code. The
low level forwarding engine use TCP Splicing. Current code is a simple
HTTP/1.0 proxy but will extend to rich featured stuff soon (if I found
enought time). Had to spend lot of time in kernel stuff and global
design. Current splicing code doesnt support TCP Selective Ack nor
Windows scaling.

well, oh, yes... the url is : www.linux-l7sw.org

All comments are welcome, contributions too ;)

Best regards,
Alexandre