Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Layer7 switching project

Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Layer7 switching project
Cc: keepalived-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Alexandre Cassen <acassen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 10:04:15 +0100
Hi Howard,

> I think it would be a good idea if can borrow best ideas/functions
> from some industry leaders, such as F5, to create a easy to use
> solution.

sure, need to extend current kernel code to support TCP options wscale +
sack. Just not have time last week end to extend code to this. Will try,
in a first effort, to support HTTP/1.0 featured switching/loadbalancing
code. After we need to extend current design to support kind of
asymmetric splicing + kernel unsplicing to support HTTP/1.1. Userland
ode is currently just a quick fondation.

Feel free to share software design pattern.

cya,
Alexandre