Re: Reports of bad headers using TUN?

Subject: Re: Reports of bad headers using TUN?
From: Matthew Boehm <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 17:37:07 -0600
On Sat, 6 Jan 2007, Casey Zacek wrote:

Joseph Mack NA3T wrote (at Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 03:43:26AM -0800):
On Thu, 4 Jan 2007, Matthew wrote:

Bam! That did it. I've gotten one response back from my 4 problematic
people and it works for her now.

can you tell us what you did, so the next person doesn't
have to figure it out?

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-Tun.html#tunl_mtu_solved

That is, set tcp-mss via iptables on the realservers.

thanks

There's been several approaches to this

o setting the packet size for the route on the director

o setting the packet size for the interface on the director.

even though I wrote up the section you just posted, I didn't notice that the command you ran was run on the realservers. I thought it was run on the director.

So this was the only thing you needed to do? You didn't do anything on the director?

Nope. Didn't do anything to the director. I ran the iptable command on both realservers. Something to note regarding that POST test in the HOWTO:

        On IE6/7: When you submit the post, the page just reloads. No data
posted.

        On Firefox/Netscape: You actually get a "Bad Request" page.

But after the "patch" was applied to the realservers, all browsers showed the POST data.

-Matthew