Re: Reports of bad headers using TUN?

Subject: Re: Reports of bad headers using TUN?
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 03:43:26 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 4 Jan 2007, Matthew wrote:

Bam! That did it. I've gotten one response back from my 4 problematic people and it works for her now.

can you tell us what you did, so the next person doesn't have to figure it out?

Thanks Joe

You need to run it on your real server. Real server replies with SYNACK packet which needs to have MSS 1440 to notify the client of the limit. Another solution is to set MTU 1480 on outgoing interface on realserver. Also try to set MTU to 1480 on the incoming interface on directors.

The solution with iptables on realservers works for TCP only, not for UDP.