RE: Geographically distant load balancing (er, I mean failover)

Subject: RE: Geographically distant load balancing (er, I mean failover)
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 14:12:02 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, Dan Brown wrote:

Once you've detected failure, do you have a plan for moving
the IPs to the backup site?

This is the thing I am unsure about.  If trying to do this on the same
network, can I simply have a director assume the router IP and the block of
IPs and have it be on it's merry way?

as long as the upstream part of the network knows how to route the packets to the new director and can change the routing in the expected timescale you want for failover