Re: Fail over problem

Subject: Re: Fail over problem
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 08:21:18 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 5 Mar 2007, Adrian Chapela wrote:

Hello, I have a two directors in high availability configuration. All it's OK for TCP, but for UDP it's no OK. In UDP load balance it's ok, but the fail over don't happens. If one client is "redirected" to one real server, the connections are redirected always to this server, even the server goes down.

Could be a bug ??

possibly. We don't have many people running UDP services under LVS.

I probe this with two DNS servers.

I know you can run DNS under LVS. You may have good reasons to do this, but DNS has it's own failover mechanism.