Re: Fail over problem

Subject: Re: Fail over problem
From: Adrian Chapela <achapela.rexistros@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 11:43:50 +0100
Joseph Mack NA3T escribió:
On Mon, 5 Mar 2007, Adrian Chapela wrote:

When I serve with keepalived the DNS service in UDP and TCP the fail over is OK, but when I config to serve in UDP only the fail over doesn't happens..

Could be a bug ??

in ldirectord, maybe. Does your UDP health check do the right things?

Joe

The solution was set to 1 the /proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/expire_nodest_con kernel variable. When a server is removed from the pool the 'established' connections are removed but before the connections are wating to the protocol timeout and in UDP is too high.

Now it's OK

Other important variable is /proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/expire_quiescent_template. For now I don't use it.

Thank you , Graeme is my hero!! ;)