Re: LVSSyncDaemonSwap...

To: Alpha <murosordo@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVSSyncDaemonSwap...
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:10:23 +0900
On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 12:32:15PM +0100, Alpha wrote:
> In the Ultramonkey project is used a script to enable the HA capabilities,
> called LVSSyncDaemonSwap and declared in haresource file;
>
> dir1.mycluster.it \
>
>     LVSSyncDaemonSwap::master \
>
>     ldirectord::ldirectord.cf \
>
>     IPaddr2::192.168.30.49/24/eth0:0 \
>
>     IPaddr2::10.0.0.240/24/eth1:0
>

> what is its real function? Can I declare only ldirectord as resource?

LVSSyncDaemonSwap is a script and its function is decribed in the
comment at the top of it.

Breifly. Prior to 2.4.27 only the master or backup sync daemon could
run. So when a failover occurs the new active noce needs to stop
the backup sync deamon and start the master one. The reverse
action needs to occur when a node is running as standby. The purpose
of LVSSyncDaemonSwap is to make this switch.

As of 2.4.27 the master and backup sync daemons can run simultaniously,
which is recommended, and thus if you have a newer kernel you don't need
LVSSyncDaemonSwap at all.

--
Horms
  H: http://www.vergenet.net/~horms/