Re: Update: ipvsman/d now reads keepalived.conf

Subject: Re: Update: ipvsman/d now reads keepalived.conf
From: Just Marc <marc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 15:49:30 +0100
Hallo!

Cool tool. congratulations. It has lots of potential. I love the realtime weight changing. I was the first to download your updated version! :)

I have a few observations:

- In order to make it work, I had to create the dirs: /var/log/ipvsman and /var/lib/ipvsman/ the script should either create them by itself or ask the user politely do to so, without giving a scary traceback.

- Playing around, I got this:
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "./ipvsman", line 179, in ?
   gui.main()
 File "lib/ipvsman/gui.py", line 434, in main
   self.ui.run_wrapper( self.run )
File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/urwid/curses_display.py", line 202, in run_wrapper
   return fn()
 File "lib/ipvsman/gui.py", line 483, in run
   self.help()
TypeError: 'AttrWrap' object is not callable

and

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "./ipvsman", line 179, in ?
   gui.main()
 File "lib/ipvsman/gui.py", line 434, in main
   self.ui.run_wrapper( self.run )
File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/urwid/curses_display.py", line 202, in run_wrapper
   return fn()
 File "lib/ipvsman/gui.py", line 522, in run
   self.showLog()
 File "lib/ipvsman/gui.py", line 315, in showLog
   self.makeLog( )
 File "lib/ipvsman/gui.py", line 303, in makeLog
   self.logText = urwid.ListBox( LineWalker( utils.findActualLogFile() ) )
 File "lib/ipvsman/gui.py", line 29, in __init__
   self.file = open(name)
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

- I would suggest a timed auto-refresh of the stats, with a 'd' command to set the delay in seconds, like top

- The table headers (real weight conns ... etc) is not aligned to the data.

- For the 'totals' line below, write 'Totals:' before printing the values to make it clear

- The word 'laden' should be changed to load :)

MfG,
Marc

Dr. Volker Jaenisch wrote:
Hello Linux LVS List!

ipvsman is a curses based GUI to the IPVS loadbalancer written in python.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ipvsman/

ipvsman now can read the keepalived.conf file of the
keepalived livekeeping daemon.

Just run

#ipvsman -k

to have a realtime GUI for the ipvs-Part of your keepalived.

Best regards

Volker Jaenisch