single director with ldirectord

Subject: single director with ldirectord
From: "Sebastian Vieira" <sebvieira@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 12:09:49 +0200
Hi,

I want to have a backup director, in case there's a problem that somehow
renders the primary and secondary director unusable. This machine is to
remain powered-down and should only be used if the normal directors are
unavailable.

Now i was thinking that ldirectord does a good job in handling
health-checking and its configuration is easy to understand. Plus, the other
admins are used to working with the ldirectord.cf file. So i would like to
use the capabilities of ldirectord, but this is only an option if i use
heartbeat. Heartbeat is a nice HA solution, from which i really don't use
the HA part on a single director.

I was playing with heartbeat's configuration to see if i can use it as a
single node director, but i'm unable to. I couldn't find anything on the
homepage about it either. Please tell me if my approach is a good one, or i
should forget ldirectord and handle the backup director with a self-made
script that sets up the ipvs table?

Kind regards,

Sebastian