Re: single director with ldirectord

Subject: Re: single director with ldirectord
From: "Tomas Hoger" <tomas.hoger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 12:30:53 +0200
Hi Sebastian!

On 5/8/07, Sebastian Vieira <sebvieira@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I was playing with heartbeat's configuration to see if i can use it as a
single node director, but i'm unable to. I couldn't find anything on the
homepage about it either. Please tell me if my approach is a good one, or i
should forget ldirectord and handle the backup director with a self-made
script that sets up the ipvs table?

Not sure if I understand your problem correctly.  If you only want to
use ldirectord on single node, simply ignore heartbeat.  When using
heartbeat rpms / debs, only install heartbeat-ldirectord (+deps) and
start it on boot-up using /etc/init.d/ldirectord init script.

You should have no problem using ldirectord without heartbeat.

th.