Re: LVS/NAT - UM3 Issue

Subject: Re: LVS/NAT - UM3 Issue
From: James Bowling <james@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 11:08:37 -0700
Yes. I have both in the haresources file and have verified that it was carried over via ip addr sh eth1 on ld2 and the same on ld1. After failover, ld1 no longer has it and ld2 shows it.

Malcolm wrote:
James,

Are you sure that your gateway ip is failing over as well as your VIP?
You need two entries in haresources one for the external VIP and one for the internal gateway VIP.

James Bowling wrote:
Ok, I may just be overlooking something small but here is my setup:

: ld1 :--HB--: ld2 : <----- directors and ld1 is a gateway
| | <---- Virtual IP: 1.2.3.4 and ld1 GWip: 192.168.0.1
      RS1         RS2        RS3         RS4         RS5...

Failover is working properly for the VIP and the GWip but here is the problem. When I failover from ld1 to ld2 I can no longer get a response from the RSs. I can login to each RS and get out just fine to anything so I know the GWip took fine and they can still route through it but for some reason the HTTP requests trying to come through once failed-over are not being sent to the RS. I have verified this through doing "tcpdump -n -i eth0 port 80" on the RSs while trying to access the test page I have setup. As soon as I fail back over to ld1 the connections continue. I was thinking that it was some kind of ARP related issue but to test that theory I went to each server after failover to ld2 and cleared the ARP entry for the GWip. Anybody have any ideas? This is the only thing keeping me from having a working setup. Thanks in advance!