LVS/NAT - UM3 Issue

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LVS/NAT - UM3 Issue
From: James Bowling <james@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 10:56:12 -0700
Ok, I may just be overlooking something small but here is my setup:

: ld1 :--HB--: ld2 : <----- directors and ld1 is a gateway
| | <---- Virtual IP: 1.2.3.4 and ld1 GWip: 192.168.0.1
      RS1         RS2        RS3         RS4         RS5...

Failover is working properly for the VIP and the GWip but here is the problem. When I failover from ld1 to ld2 I can no longer get a response from the RSs. I can login to each RS and get out just fine to anything so I know the GWip took fine and they can still route through it but for some reason the HTTP requests trying to come through once failed-over are not being sent to the RS. I have verified this through doing "tcpdump -n -i eth0 port 80" on the RSs while trying to access the test page I have setup. As soon as I fail back over to ld1 the connections continue. I was thinking that it was some kind of ARP related issue but to test that theory I went to each server after failover to ld2 and cleared the ARP entry for the GWip. Anybody have any ideas? This is the only thing keeping me from having a working setup. Thanks in advance!

--
Regards,
James Bowling <james@xxxxxxxxxxx>