Re: one ldirector LVS-DR

Subject: Re: one ldirector LVS-DR
From: "Osvaldo Alvarez Pozo" <nebano@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 09:24:00 +0200
how do i do  to make the load balancer using ipsvadm? knowing that my
load balancer and the real serveur sare in the same network?
thanks
Osvaldo

On 5/16/07, Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 15 May 2007, Osvaldo Alvarez Pozo wrote:

> hi
> I have a problémé undesrtanding what I shuld do
> I have a working mysql cluster a manager 192.168.0.3 and two nodes
> 192.168.0.4, 192.168.0.5  I wonder if I can do load balancer using mon
> manager as a load balancer?

mon manager == my director?

you only need one director to load balance the connections
to your mysql realservers. You can set this up from the
command line using `ipvsadm`

be sure you understand the single writer, multiple reader
requirement for LVS, and the effect this has on writes to
databases when they operate inside an LVS. See the HOWTO.

If you want failover of the director, then you need two
directors. You can do this later when you are happy with the
load balancing.

> the how to I have found use two load
> balancer and heartbeat. I thing it is posible to make the load
> balancer without using heartbeat. but I do not know how to it. any way

heartbeat/Linux-HA/ldirectord is a package to failover
directors. It also helps setup the virtual services.

Another package which accomplishes the same thing is
keepalived.