Re: one ldirector LVS-DR

Subject: Re: one ldirector LVS-DR
From: "Osvaldo Alvarez Pozo" <nebano@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 12:15:33 +0200
Thanks I will try this
I have the impresion you speak spanish.
Thanks
Osvaldo

On 5/16/07, Manuel Arostegui Ramirez <manuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 16 May 2007 09:24:00 Osvaldo Alvarez Pozo wrote:
> how do i do  to make the load balancer using ipsvadm? knowing that my
> load balancer and the real serveur sare in the same network?
> thanks
> Osvaldo

Well, it's quite easy:

ipvsadm -A -t load_balancer_IP:port -s rr

where -s is the schedule you want to use, for instance, rr is Round Robin,
take a look at the man for further information

To set up the real servers just:

ipvsadm -a -t  -r load_balancer_IP:port real_server_IP:port -m
ipvsadm -a -t  -r load_balancer_IP:port real_server_IP:port -m

This is a basic sample of how to do that by using ipvsadm, I'd suggest you to
read the man page of ipvsadm to understand what are all the option meanings
in order to adapt it to your own topology and needes.

All the best
--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.

be used for urgent or sensitive issues.