Re: LVS Nat connecting from realserver to virtual servers

Subject: Re: LVS Nat connecting from realserver to virtual servers
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 11:45:15 +0100
On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 11:20 +0100, Stuart walmsley wrote:
> The fact that all the real servers are Windows based and will not take a
> 255.255.255.255 mask on the loopback stops this from working.

No it doesn't - set the realserver loopback interface address as per
normal, then edit the registry to change them from 255.255.255.0 to
255.255.255.255.

Unfortunately I forget exactly where the key is buried, but I suspect it
will be somewhere within:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{SID_VALUE}

An alternative is to set the netmask to 255.0.0.0, since a more specific
route for the local net will already exist and will be favoured over it;
this can however cause unexpected problems for inter-real-server
communication.

Graeme