Re: [lvs-users] FW: Self Configuring High Availability LVS with Keepaliv

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] FW: Self Configuring High Availability LVS with Keepalived
From: "David Hinkle" <hinkle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:38:18 -0500
I want my backup directors to be real servers, and I've succeeded, so there's
nothing I "need" at this point.

The problem with it routing when it's a backup is that it mungs up the
incomming connections to the realserver running locally when the Master DR
sends connections to it.

I solved my problem by using netfilter marking to direct packets to be load
balanced, and only marking packets when the unit is master, thereby working
around the issue.

My recomendation is that the backups not try to load balance until they're
switched to master by the userspace stuff.

This is an issue for me because all my units are "peers", and I want to the
master director to be able to be any one of them so I can do nifty stuff like
rolling firmware upgrades, with 0 downtime, etc.   I'm sure my needs are rather
specialized, and even then I was able to get them met, just by jumping through
a few hoops, so great job!

David