Re: [lvs-users] Connection Syncronization

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Connection Syncronization
From: Michael Schwartzkopff <misch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 20:38:18 +0100
Am Dienstag, 8. Januar 2008 19:15 schrieb Jason Ledford:
> Hello All,
>
> I am looking at these 2 documents
> http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/docs/sync.html
> http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.server_state_sync_de
>mon.html
>

> I have tried it and it worked.  I am using ldirectord and heartbeat.  My
> question is what is the best way to start this, custom init.d script or is
> there a way to have ldirectord or heartbeat issue this command?  It looks
> like I can have heartbeat start the command but is this the best way to
> accomplish this?
>
> Thanks for your help.

Hi,
since version 2.1.3 a ldirectord ocf ressource is included in heartbeat. SO
upgrade to the latest version.

I start sync of ipvs when I start it from init on both nodes as master als
backup. heartbeat only controls the virtual ip address of the LVS. It is also
a good idead ti start ldirectord in heartbeat becuase of the additional
monitoring the cluster framework provides.

Works great here. Download stops for about 2 secs when failover from the node
with the IP adress to the passive one.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

mail: misch@xxxxxxxxxxx
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Geschäftsführer: Günter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

---

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42