[lvs-users] lvs/feedbackd behavior with no real servers

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] lvs/feedbackd behavior with no real servers
From: Jason Stubbs <j.stubbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 18:57:39 +0900
Hi again, :)

If I can get feedbackd working as I need it to, I have another concern with
regard to how LVS behaves when there's no real servers configured for a
virtual service.

What I'm thinking of doing is running LVS and feedbackd on the firewall and
configuring virtual services for ssh, smtp, http and https for all IP
addresses upon which a virtual service might run. My goal in doing this is to
leave the choice of what services to run to feedbackd agents (real servers).

Given that there will be no sorry server, what does LVS do when there are no
real servers configured? Does it return a RST packet? Does it just drop the
SYN packet? Does it queue it in the hope that a real server will become
available?

Feedbackd's behavior is also of interest here. Is a virtual server registered
as soon as the master is started or when the first agent registers a service?

--
LINKTHINK INC.
東京都渋谷区桜ヶ丘町22-14 N.E.S S棟 3F