Re: [lvs-users] Inactive Connections in IPVS Table

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Inactive Connections in IPVS Table
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 05:49:11 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, Ganesh wrote:

>  We are running a loadbalancer with ipvsadm-1.24-6. For the last few
> days we are getting a stiff increase in number of inactive connections
> (about 3800) in ipvs table. After observation I got that many connection
> entries which are either UDP or in TCP FIN_WAIT state keeps on resetting
> their TIMEOUT value to 60 sec. after it becomes zero.
> IPVS connection entries
> pro      expire  state   source                           virtual
>                    destination
> UDP   00:59  UDP  220.227.223.25:54725  220.227.223.249:5000
> 97.242.123.4:5000

UDP is a difficult protocol to load balance - we haven't
figured out the best way to handle it - and you get odd
behaviours sometimes. All that we know about UDP and the
attempts at solutions is written up in the HOWTO - it's
scattered in a few spots. Have a look there to see if any of
it matches your problem