Re: [lvs-users] Weird problem after realserver crashes

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Weird problem after realserver crashes
From: Janar Kartau <janar.kartau@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 05:13:04 +0300
The problem was indeed in the TCP session timeout settings. It defaults
to 900 seconds in CentOS 5. Connections made between the realserver
crash and pulse removing the node from the LVS config would remain in
ESTABLISHED state since director never got a CLOSE. As a result, these
dead connections remained in the ipvs table for whole 15 minutes and
thus making the realserver useless until the connections finally timed
out. I'm surprised nobody had this problem before.

Janar Kartau