Re: [lvs-users] LVS + Asterisk

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS + Asterisk
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 20:46:06 +0100
On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 15:34 -0400, Gerry Reno wrote:
> Not yet. I was concerned about SIP and wasn't sure how to set it up in
> my keepalived.conf

You could definitely sort out the main ports - TCP & UDP port 5060 -
trivially; but the follow-on complication is how you then track the
session traffic which can wander around all over the place (cf. the LVS
FTP helper).

I'd strongly recommend you have a good read of the Asterisk mailing list
- it seems that there are several app-based load balancing schemes for
Asterisk, and if they do what you need, I'd use them.

Graeme