Re: [lvs-users] LVS + Asterisk

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS + Asterisk
From: Morgan Fainberg <morgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 14:18:08 -0700
In theory, you could use a FWM (firewall mark) setup and persistent
connections.  If you map the virtual server group to use the same FWM
for the TCP ( SIP uses TCP port 5060) and UDP (RTP usually is
configured for UDP ports 16384-32767)  datastreams.  It should work in
theory.

However, the application-based Load-balancing in Asterisk does
function fairly well and you might end up with a better solution.
Typically, with load-balancing I find that the more complexity you add
just makes it that much harder to debug when things go awry.

--
Morgan Fainberg
Systems Architect