Re: [lvs-users] Help Required for LVS setup

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Help Required for LVS setup
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 12:37:57 +0100
Hi

Firstly, please don't post multiple requests for the same thing. It's
likely to get some people a bit annoyed. Thanks.

On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 18:10 +0530, Meghanand Acharekar wrote:
> I am setting up LVS cluster for mail server (postfix) for very first time.

OK, great.

> Presently I am testing the cluster architecture on my local network (
> 192.168.0.0 )
> I am having 2 RHEL5 systems with postfix installed and running on defalt
> (port 25)
> IP addresses for the systems are
> RHEL5-mail1 : 192.168.0.163
> RHEL5-mail2 : 192.168.0.164

OK so far.

> Now I got 3rd system debian etch which will do the job of load balancing.
> I installed ipvsadm package from binary repos using following commnad.
> #apt-get install ipvsadm

Still OK :)

> The new system (to be work as Director / LB ) has assigned IP address
>
> Deb-director : 192.168.0.104
>
> And finally my client is also on the same nw
>
> Client Ip : 192.168.0.247

Aha, so you are using a One Network setup.

> I refered to
> http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-NAT.html#one_network

Excellent. That's a good place to start.

> for which
> CIP : 192.168.0.247
> VIP : 192.168.0.105
> DIP : 192.168.0.104
> RIP1 : 192.168.0.163
> RIP2 : 192.168.0.164
> Gateway IP : 192.168.0.254

All looks OK to me.

> I am confused that, is this criteria is suitable for my senario

If you have followed the docs above, you should be fine. Have you tried
this yet?

Graeme