Re: [lvs-users] net-snmp-lvs-module

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] net-snmp-lvs-module
Cc: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Moody <michael@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 15:18:53 -0700
The -fPIC isn't my problem (in fact, I brought that fix to the list's attention
a few months back in February, and you said you'd update the howto).

The problem I'm having is Ubuntu-specific is my guess, as the same module
(64bit, etc) is working on a gentoo install just fine.

On Ubuntu, I get this when snmpd is started (about 2 minutes after being
started, in the daemon.log):

Jun 30 17:04:33 (none) snmpd[5776]: IPVS initialization failed

That's specifically what I'm looking to solve. It's not snmp, as the line which
generates that output comes from the snmp lvs module lvs.c

Hopefully someone has an answer, otherwise, looks like I'll be elbows deep in
the lvs.c today.

Michael