Re: [lvs-users] net-snmp-lvs-module

To: Michael Moody <michael@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] net-snmp-lvs-module
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 18:18:13 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 1 Jul 2008, Michael Moody wrote:

> The -fPIC isn't my problem

understand, but it would still be nice to have ipvsadm
fixed.

> (in fact, I brought that fix to
> the list's attention a few months back in February, and
> you said you'd update the howto).

mea culpa. sorry I've had no time (and I'm asking others to
fix ipvsadm as I say that).

> The problem I'm having is Ubuntu-specific is my guess, as
> the same module (64bit, etc) is working on a gentoo
> install just fine.

the lvs-net-snmp module works fine in gentoo but not ubuntu?
I didn't realise this. Why do people mess with working code?

> That's specifically what I'm looking to solve. It's not
> snmp, as the line which generates that output comes from
> the snmp lvs module lvs.c
>
> Hopefully someone has an answer, otherwise, looks like
> I'll be elbows deep in the lvs.c today.

I expect you'll be rolling up your sleeves. Good luck. Let
us know how it goes.