Re: [lvs-users] ipvsadm and packets leaving a gre tunnel

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] ipvsadm and packets leaving a gre tunnel
From: "Marco Lorig" <MLORIG@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 15:10:42 +0200
Hi Joe

> have you read the section in the HOWTO on MTU?

I´ve read the section but as i understand correctly the only solution in a
LVS-NAT env is to set the MTU by hand on each route or interface on the
realservers, which unfortunately I haven´t access to.

We have been running this env since 2002 with Kernel 2.4.19 with no problems
(running director on gre_interface). Actually we have upgraded our systems to
kernel 2.6.18 which causes this problems.

The gre tunnel exists between the directors because of  failover reasons ( each
director is located in a seperate datacenter interconnected by WAN).

Copying files like this:
Client ---scp----> Director ---GRE Tunnel nopmtudisc --> Director ----scp --->
Server and vice versa.

works fine but if the ipvsadm is enabled on the second director to serve
multiple servers, the mtu problem happens.

thanks in advance

Marco