[lvs-users] SIP / SCTP for LVS

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] SIP / SCTP for LVS
From: "Rudd, Michael" <Michael.Rudd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 08:42:36 -0500
Currently we are running DNS(udp) over LVS using the OPS feature and its
working swimmingly for the past year and half or so. Thanks for all the
help
getting things working.  Our new requirements are to support SIP
redirection(just invites, 302's, then acks) over UDP,TCP,TLS, and SCTP.

I see there has been some talk of both SCTP and SIP seperately over the
years but nothing concrete done. Has anyone done anything, any old
projects laying around, old code, any testing been done for either of
these. I am willing to pick things up and run with them if anything has
been done at this point. Currently we think we can pull off our SIP
implentation without many changes to LVS over UDP, TCP, and TLS(which
just rides over TCP I think). Our application will have to handle the
ACKs back and if they go to the wrong realserver, just ack to the other
realservers. It would be nice though if we could make LVS handle the SIP
related stuff for us. SCTP is another ballgame. I'm still learning my
way around that. I have a small understanding of it.

If nothing has been done that's cool. I'll make do and maybe try to
embark on things myself. Just wondering if anything had been done that
is laying around waiting on someone to test or finish it.

Thanks
Mike