Re: [lvs-users] Persistent connections not persisting after failover

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Persistent connections not persisting after failover
Cc: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 15:19:12 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, Nicholas Guarracino wrote:

>> is there persistence on the backup director?
>
> Yes, ipvs is using persistence on both servers. Or do you
> mean the sync daemon?

sorry, I was ambiguous. On the backup director, when it's
receiving updates from the syncd on the master director, do
you see the persistence flag? Come to think of it, I don't
know if the persistence on the backup director comes from
the synchd updates or from running ipvsadm when the
backup becomes the master :-(

> Initially I was thinking that no persistence would be
> needed at all for the SH scheduler, but it looks like
> that's not the case since I'm assuming the list of
> available realservers could be filled in any order?

This was my reservation when I mentioned the -SH scheduler.
I don't know what would happen there and I expect noone's
tried it.

> I did see some of the updates you mentioned. They seemed
> mostly related to highly loaded systems, and instead of
> sleeping for a fixed amount of time, waking up whenever
> there is data to process. I doubt those changes would help
> here since I only have two clients connected, but a later
> kernel is definitely worth trying.

I wasn't real hopeful of anything in there being the cure,
but if you could reproduce the problem with a recent kernel,
it would save us tracking down a problem that was solved
long ago, even if then it wasn't showing the symptoms you've
got now.