Re: [lvs-users] Persistent connections not persisting after failover

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Persistent connections not persisting after failover
From: Christian Balzer <chibi@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 17:50:48 +0900
Hello,

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 17:47:16 +1000 Simon Horman wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 03:46:34PM +0900, Christian Balzer wrote:
[snap]
> > That would be sage advice if you actually COULD quiesce real servers
> > with SH. And I really hate to keep quoting myself here, but maybe one
> > of these days somebody with something resembling a clue might actually
> > deem to look at this and answer/fix it. ^_-
> > See:
> > http://archive.linuxvirtualserver.org/html/lvs-users/2008-03/msg00070.html
>
> Sorry, I missed that one.

No worries.

> Looking over the code I am surprised that it doesn't work,
> as I see the same things in ip_vs_sh_schedule() that you were seeing.

Well, I was mostly stabbing in the dark, but yeah. It _looks_ to be OK.

> I will try to reproduce this one.

If you need any more data, like specific versions or config files,
let me know. That was done with on a Debian Etch system using a
handrolled 2.6.23.1 kernel using.

Regards,

Christian
--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer                NOC
chibi@xxxxxxx           Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Network Services