[lvs-users] LVS-NAT Problems

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] LVS-NAT Problems
From: Zack Gilburd <zack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 10:42:34 -0700
Greetings,

Here is essentially how my setup works.  All internal IPs are on the
same subnet.

1) CIP conencts to External IP
2) External IP - Linux Gateway uses DNAT to send packets to internal VIP
3) VIP sends packets to internal (web) RIP.
4) RIP responds to external IP
5) Packet arrives at gateway, gateway SNAT rule is in place to make
source external IP that was requested by client
6) Instead of the gateway applying the SNAT rule, it sends packet out
over external connection with RIP as the source.

How do I make the gateway change the source IP from the RIP to the
external IP?

I have searched high and low and am at my wit's end with this problem.

Cheers,
Zack