Re: [lvs-users] LVS NEW VERSION???

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS NEW VERSION???
From: "Julius Volz" <juliusv@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 22:44:20 +0200
On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 2:32 PM, Thomas Pedoussaut
<thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Julius Volz wrote:
>>> try to address a small number of feature requests but this is not likely
>>> to make it into a production kernel for some time yet.
>>>
>> There's ongoing work at the moment to port LVS to support IPv6 and to
>>
>> Since the patches adding first IPv6 support to IPVS are already in
>> Dave Miller's net-next-2.6 tree, they are only one step away from
>> Linus and will hopefully make it into the 2.6.28 release (around
>> Dec/Jan?).
>>

> And some insiders are telling me that it will test that throughly in the
> months coming for the new ftp.heanet.ie, one of the biggest FTP/HTTP
> archive in term of volume and traffic.

Cool! I talked to them a while ago, but didn't hear much recently.

Although I'm wondering... the IPVS FTP helper hasn't been converted to
support IPv6 yet, so it might be HTTP only?

Julius

--
Julius Volz - Corporate Operations - SysOps

Google Switzerland GmbH - Identification No.: CH-020.4.028.116-1