Re: [lvs-users] LVS - VIP Seems to be NOT Responding!

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS - VIP Seems to be NOT Responding!
From: "L.S. Keijser" <leon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 08:20:17 +0200
Hi,

On Mon, 2009-06-08 at 15:34 -0600, Just E. Mail wrote:
> Hello:
>
> It seems that VIP 65.103.190.107 on my LVS is NOT responding!
>
> I have setup a simple LVS. Two Virtual servers (vs1.tib.com &
> vs2.tib.com) and one Real Server (rs1.tib.com) on CentOS 5.3.  Now when
> I trying to  display a test Web site (on rs1), the request times out.
>
> On vs1 there is nothing in the logs. No error message. Just nothing.
>
>  From VS1, I can display any outside (http://www.msn.com) but can't
> display internal web (http://www.tib.com) pages.
>
> I have a hunch that the virtual setting for HTTP in piranha-gui is not
> correct. But what? After two days, I need direction.

I can only suggest you ask help on the piranha mailinglist or try to
setup an LVS manually, using the ipvsadm tool. There's an excellent
HOWTO available at http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/

Really, it might seem like a lot more work but you'll get a better
understanding of LVS. Once you get a simple setup (one director using
the LVS-NAT method plus one realserver) running you can try to get a
more fancy setup like piranha.

Good luck!

--
Léon