Re: [lvs-users] ipvs or apache/mod_proxy/mod_balancer

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] ipvs or apache/mod_proxy/mod_balancer
Cc: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 12:07:27 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, 5 Jul 2009, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:

> On Sat, 4 Jul 2009, John Du wrote:
>
>> Even the director is not in persistent mode?

My original statement assumed that LVS load balances on the
tuple CIP, VIP:vport. It now occurs to me that LVS might
load balance on CIP:cport,VIP:vport. This is a really basic
fact. I'm sure I knew the answer at one stage, but I've
forgotten and can't find anything on it in the HOWTO or
the documentation at www.linuxvirtualserver.org. I also
notice that like the HOWTO, the rest of the documentation
was largely written in the era of the 2.0.x and 2.2.x
kernels.

Horms, Graeme,

        If an LVS-DR director is sitting inside a nat
router, so that all calls from the internet arrive at the
director from the private IP on the inside of the router,
will the director loadbalance (differentiating the incoming
connections by the various cports) or not loadbalance (all
connections come from the router's IP).