Re: [lvs-users] ipvs or apache/mod_proxy/mod_balancer

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] ipvs or apache/mod_proxy/mod_balancer
From: John Du <jjohndu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 09:37:08 -0700
Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Jul 2009, John Du wrote:
>

>> Even the director is not in persistent mode?
>>

> LVS balances on IPs. Only one client is connecting, from the
> inside IP of the router.

If what you stated were true, then there would be no persistent mode
necessary in the LVS director.  The persistent mode forces the director
to always forward packets from the same IP to the same server.

If the persistent mode is not set, the director distributes connections
from the same IP to different real servers.