Re: [lvs-users] LVS Sync in Ldirectord

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS Sync in Ldirectord
From: Michael Schwartzkopff <misch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 16:37:29 +0100
Am Donnerstag, 17. Dezember 2009 16:22:08 schrieb Darren.Mansell@xxxxxxxxxxxx:
> I'm using ldirectord to load LVS modules rather than the ipvsadm init
> script. Man ipvsadm says you need to start the ipvsadm sync daemon using
> --start-daemon state and --stop-daemon. As ldirectord is doing the loading
> / unloading of ipvsadm rules then I think the ldirectord script itself
> needs to support ipvsadm daemon sync states?
>
> Regards
> Darren

Could be. But if you use a resource manager like pacemaker to control
ldirectord the sync daemon would be switched off in the passive node. So no
sync here.

controlling the ldirectord in the cluster has the advantage that the cluster
can react if the ldirectord dies.

If you would like to have ldirectord also to control the sync of ipvsadm you
would have to develop a multistate resource agent. Something like:
- Stopped: sync and ldirectord stopped
- Started as slave: sync started, ldir stopped
- Started as master: sync and ldir started.

Greetings,

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

mail: misch@xxxxxxxxxxx
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Geschäftsführer: Günter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

---

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42