Re: [lvs-users] connect to the first real server only; connect to the s

To: Fernanda G Weiden <fernanda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] connect to the first real server only; connect to the second if the first failed
From: Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 10:44:38 +0100
Fernanda G Weiden wrote:
> Maybe you should look into a heartbeat cluster instead of a lvs one.

LVS fits here almost perfectly, whereas heartbeat almost at all doesn't
fit here (heartbeat will be used for LVS failover, though).

The traffic flow is as below:

realserver/origin1 \
                      - LVS -- client (internet)
realserver/origin2 /

Realservers are servers in the internet and their addresses will change
from time to time; client has to access them through the LVS address,
which will be permanent.

If you have an idea how heartbeat would help here, please clarify.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org