Re: [lvs-users] Windows 7 Clients and Problems with LVS DR?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Windows 7 Clients and Problems with LVS DR?
From: Terry Inzauro <tinzauro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 21:05:20 -0500
On 05/28/2010 06:23 PM, Chris Chen wrote:
> Hey there--
>
> We're running two LVS Directors, both in direct routing mode--
>
> One is on a 2.6.9 (RHEL4) and one is on a 2.6.18 (RHEL5) kernel.
>
> The RHEL4 LVS is directing smtp/smtps traffic, and the RHEL5 LVS is
> directing imap/imaps/http/https traffic.
>
> We're seeing strange behavior, seemingly only from Windows 7 machines,
> where SSL-ized connections "timeout" and fail.
>
> Anyone have similar experiences?
>
> cc

I recently ran into issues where IE8 on W1nd0z3 7 and  W1nd0z3 2008 server
refuse to use non standard ports.

In my expierence, I was trying to use https running on tcp/4430 instead of
tcp/443. The connections would work on Firefox but
not for IE. I tried to find a workaround but gave up and implemented my
solution differently.

Terry