LVS
lvs-devel

Re: Making IPVS work with IPv6

To: "Simon Horman" <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Making IPVS work with IPv6
Cc: lvs-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Julius Volz" <juliusv@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:22:21 +0200
Hi Horms,

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008, Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  There was a very old effort that you can find if you search a bit -
>  I can dig up a link if you can't find it. But as far as I am aware
>  there are no efforts at this time.

Yes, you are probably talking about this:

http://www.yggr-drasill.com/LVS6/documents.html

The link has been dead for me throughout the last weeks (and seemed to
be dead in 2003 already, so it's very, very old anyways).

>  [ Joe, I'm not sure that the LOCAL_IN stuff is really related
>   specifically to IPv6. But you do remind me that those patches
>   need to be revisited. ]

So these patches might already be in the kernel when I'm starting any
real coding work...

>  Yes, I expect so to. It would be good to open up a discussion
>  with Dave Miller and the other netdev people about any refactoring
>  that you think is needed. They should be able to advise on what
>  should go where.

Thanks for the pointer! I will explain the issue to them!

>  IPv6 is something that has been needed for a long time. I'm quite
>  interested in it myself. But to date haven't had any luck finding
>  time to work on it. I'm happy to help out with your effort. Though
>  I imagine that for the most part it will be in the form of reviewing
>  patches.

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated! At the moment, I'm still
looking at the different projects, how they work together and how to
go about this sort of thing in general.

>  To be honest, sometimes when I look at the code I get surprises too.

:-)

>  But if you have any questions please just send them my way, CC usually
>  gets my attention.

Sure, I will!

Thanks,
Julius