LVS
lvs-devel

Re: [RFC net-next] ipv6: Use destination address determined by IPVS

To: Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RFC net-next] ipv6: Use destination address determined by IPVS
Cc: YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / 吉藤英明 <yoshfuji@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>, Mark Brooks <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 11:13:06 +0900
On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 05:39:09PM -0700, Eric Dumazet wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-10-16 at 09:28 +0900, Simon Horman wrote:
>
> > > I guess things like NFQUEUE could happen ?
> >
> > Could you expand a little?
>
> This was to point that between IPVS and ipv6 stack we might have a
> delay, and daddr was maybe pointed to a freed memory.
>
> IP6CB only uses 24 bytes, so I think you would be safe adding 16 bytes.

That does seem very promising but while implementing it
I hit a problem.

struct tcp_skb_cb includes a field of type struct inet6_skb_parm.  And
expanding struct inet6_skb_parm by 16 bytes means that struct tcp_skb_cb is
now larger than 48 bytes and no longer fits in skb->cb.

Is it appropriate to grow skb->cb as the comment above struct tcp_skb_cb
suggests?