An idea

To: Robert Thomas <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: An idea
Cc: linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 15:20:52 +0800
Hi, Robert,

How are you doing?

I have got an idea to promote the Linux virtual server. Why not you and I
coauther an article "Creating an high-performance and highly-available
Linux cache server" and try to present it on the Linux Expro 1999 or the
Linux International Journal?

An high-performance and highly-available Linux cache server can be built by
the virtual server via IP tunneling. The whole cache server can have over
1Gbps throughout, although the load balancer just has a 100Mbps network
interface. Cisco's LocalDirector doesn't have this feature, IBM's
networkdispatcher doesn't either. Lots of national cache mesh
administrators, big institution cache administrators and big ISP cache
administrators will like this kind of cache server.

The load balancer can automatically detect whether the real server is up or
down via the "Mon" software, then modify the virtual server rule table. The
load balancer has an backup server, the "heartbeat" code is used between
the load balancer and its backup server, when a fail is detected, the
"fake" is used to active the backup to work.

I want to ask you to change your current virtual proxy server via NAT to
the virtual proxy server via IP tunneling and to do some tests, see how
good it really is. Then, I may write a draft article, since my English
isn't good, you revise it and add your things on it. What do you think
about it?

Have a good day,

Wensong