Re: VS and kernel 2.2

To: Cliff Baeseman <Cliff.Baeseman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: VS and kernel 2.2
Cc: linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Yngvi Thor Sigurjonsson <yngvi@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 16:53:05 +0000
Cliff Baeseman wrote:

> Is there a version of the vs server patch available for 2.2 yet?
>
> I tried the last patch on a the older kernel and failed miserably.  I was
> able to compile and
> run the kernel but my ethernet adapter was blown to the wind by it. In
> startup the kernel mentioned
> that it was delaying initialization of the eth0 device. Once I was up and
> running the system could no longer see eth0. The adapter works just
> wonderful under the normal unpatched kernel.

This looks like you forgot to compile the driver for your ethernet card.
Either as buildin driver or module, if as a module don't forget to do
make modules_install, and check out /etc/conf.modules.

Regards
        Yngvi

--
"Don't critisize a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes, that
way when you critisize him you're a mile away and have his shoes."